So where & what do I teach?
See below for my current classes & some descriptions to help find the right class for you.
I am now teaching to Cochrane (where I now live). So see below to see what new classes I have running.
All the classes below, are in Calgary and surrounding area.
YOUR OPTION OF IN STUDIO OR VIRTUAL CLASSES AVAILABLE
Gentle Yoga for 60+ (registered)
MONDAY 9:15-10:30 am
Get on the Ball (drop-in)
MONDAY 12:00-1:00 pm
Gentle Yoga for Strength (drop-in)
WEDNESDAY 9:30-11:00 am
Free Drop In Meditation
WEDNESDAY 11:15 -11:45 pm
Restorative yoga (drop-in)
WEDNESDAY 7:15 - 8:30 pm
Healthy Backs (drop-in)
THURSDAY 5:30 pm - 6 pm
Yoga for Beginners (registered)
THURSDAY 7:15 - 8:30 pm
Gentle Yoga for Strength
Modifications are made for limited mobility and special attention is paid to ensure a comfortable and safe practice.
Yoga poses focus on balance, strength & mobility. Benefits include management of arthritis pain & inflammation, improved sleep, lowering the risk of cardiovascular disease, decreasing anxiety & most importantly keeping connected to a like minded community.
Get on the Ball
In this 1 hour class we will be using different balls as props including massage balls, bender ball & stability ball. With these props we will work on core strength, myfascial massage & opening the body in different ways each class combined with more traditional yoga poses. Make Mondays a day you look forward to so you start your week feeling grounded & rejuvenated.
Free Drop In Meditation
Come take some time mid week to come and sit together during this meditation period. Some guidance will be given each session to help support your practice & the development of mindfulness. Options will be given to use sound/mantra or silence during our time together. All levels welcome.
This offering is by donation, everything you need to be comfortable like bolsters and mats are provided, arrive on time as doors will close once session has begun.
With the use of props, find poses to restore & rejuvenate the body & mind. During the class, sound, breath & meditation (such as Yoga Nidra) will be used to help you leave behind stress & strain. Come for a mid week healing class that will get you to Friday with more ease & energy.
Yoga for Healthy Backs
Yoga has been demonstrably helpful in alleviating the back problems that so many people suffer from. There has been sophisticated research in this area and yoga is now considered by many medical practitioners to be amongst the most beneficial modalities in the treatment of a acute and chronic back conditions.
Over time, yoga can increase your strength and flexibility, effectively counteracting the tightness and weak muscles that cause many types of back pain.
Yoga for Beginners
Have you been wanting to get moving again after this past year of feeling stuck in a holding pattern?
To kickstart your self care with tools to help release stress held in the body & mind?
To gain strength & mindfulness to keep you moving forward?
You don’t need to be flexible, or have any experience with yoga or meditation, just to have the desire to begin doing something just for you.
Enjoy learning the basics of yoga in this 6 week series. Yoga for Beginners is a great way to become familiar with the standard yoga poses and practices in a very non-intimidating way. This class is great for anyone who is brand new to yoga or hasn't been on the mat for a few years and wants a refresher. It's also a great option for students who want a slower class.
Lunchtime Yoga for Back Health (registered)
TUESDAY 12:00 - 1:00 pm
May 3 - June 28 9 wks $126 including gst
(can be prorated if joining after start date)
NOTE: Classes are online using zoom. As an added bonus you receive the recording to view for 1 week, to do anytime you like. So if you miss the live class, you can still attend.
Want to try out a class? 1x first class is FREE
This is an all levels class, focused on how to help prevent back pain and how to encourage the body to heal from injury. Imbalances happen in our culture of sitting in chairs, that can cause pain & even injury to the back. With these imbalance, something as simple as picking up a suitcase can cause your back to be injured. Focus will be on stretching tight muscles & releasing tension while strengthening key areas, including the core, to help find balance. No yoga experience is necessary, just a willingness to learn safe & gentle ways to move the body that can be taken into your daily life to find long term benefits for your back. The class will include ways to destress with breath & simple meditation, as well as movement.
Using the ideas of mobility + strength = stability will help you bring a newfound balance in the body that your back will thank you for.
Contact ACYOGA directly for registration - click here
YOGA THERAPY CLASSES IN COCHRANE
Spray Lakes Sawmills Family Sports Centre
All classes are registered, which help you to make a commitment to your health & wellbeing.
Full props are supplied. You are welcome to bring your own if you prefer.
Gentle Yoga for Strength - (registered class)
TUESDAYS 7:15-8:30 pm
6 week sessions:
April 5 - May 17 (no class April 18)
May 24 - June 28
This yoga class is a safe environment to learn how to move our bodies in a way that will help strengthen our bones, tone our muscles and increase overall body awareness. Modifications are made for limited mobility and special attention is paid to ensure a comfortable and safe practice. In this 6-week series, learn tools to connect to yourself using breath, meditation & mindful movement. Yoga poses focus on balance, strength, mobility & release. Benefits may include management of arthritis pain & inflammation, improved sleep, lowering the risk of cardiovascular disease, decreasing anxiety & more importantly finding a connection to a like-minded community. The beauty of yoga is anyone of any ability can feel its benefits. To finish class, enjoy receiving a led meditation & Anne's voice as she shares a song or some sound leaving you feeling grounded & refreshed.
Instructor: Anne Cox
Location: Earth Studio
Non-member price: $102.00 + gst
Member price: $76.50 + gst
To register to go https://igniter.gigasports.com/home/login/slsfsc
Set up an account. Then go to registered classes, dryland classes & sign up & process the payment.
Would you prefer a more one on one approach to yoga?
Do you find it difficult to get to a yoga class?
Are you looking to deepen your practice with some personal attention that is harder to find in a class setting?
Then private yoga sessions may be for you.
Private session can be in the comfort of your own home, via zoom, at Frank Wills Hall in Cochrane 405 1 St E or The Yoga & Meditation Centre 2028b 33 Ave SW (limited availability), if you would prefer.
Private session are for 1-3 people & are 1.25 - 1.5 hrs in length.
The initial assessment is 1.5 hr.
Cost is $100 including GST/session (multiple class discount rates are available, please inquire). Price includes a written program to help guide you to continue what you learned, on your own. Also, the ability to contact me by phone, email or Skype for question or concerns at anytime after the session.
Contact ACYOGA directly for more details - click here
Why do it & how it works.
What does breathing well do for you?
- Detoxifies body
- Activates the lymphatic systems
- Stimulates & refreshes the internal organs with massage & cardiovascular circulation
- Helps to promote a more balanced & positive mental & emotional state.
- Connects you to your Spiritual side, inner wisdom.
- Increases health, energy, immune function
- Therapeutic use to help with:
Physical: pain control, fatigue, respiratory issues, digestive conditions, headaches, asthma, apnea, infertility, birthing, PMS etc.
Emotional: guilt, shame, rage, anger, depression, phobia, panic attacks, low self-esteem, addictions, etc.
All can be positively impacted by allowing the innate intelligence of our bodies to do the healing.
NOTE: **it is not a diagnosis of an issue, but allows the client & facilitator to work together to help with any challenges in a holistic way***
Why do people stop breathing well?
- Stresses put on our system physically, mentally & emotionally due to disease, injury, trauma or lifestyle. These breath imbalances then can cause physical imbalances, disease & even traumatic injuries.
- When our fight or flight response is triggered, through an outside source like an accident, physical & emotional abuse, or absence of something being withheld from us. The breath then becomes, constricted, forced or held which can then become our unconscious breath pattern.
How does conscious, connected breathwork work?
- If you can release the trauma you will go back to a relaxed state, if not, then this fight or flight response is held in your nervous system & the breath is changed as well.
- Changed breath helps dampen the feelings & emotional responses at the expense of life force & embodied presence.
- Conscious breathing helps us to tap into these past held experiences & to begin process & then release them.
- Conscious connected breathing practice helps to bring us back to a natural, unhindered breathing pattern.
- The practice takes you through layers of stored stress & disruption in development or trauma. Spending time in a session with invitation to stay with the connected breath, deep relaxation & awareness of felt-sense in the body can help one to move past these things. The stories can be re-written by experiencing these past things from a conscious, aware place & change the response that happened.
Why work with a facilitator?
- The facilitator encourages you to move slowly & consciously into these unconscious beliefs & emotional charges so not to re-enforce the trauma, but to resolve it. Like finding stillness in the middle of a storm, to discharge it.
- They become a witness to help bring another perspective to help a person process their experience.
- The client is encouraged to put voice, movement, shaking, tears, sound, (what ever feels right) to help to release pent up energy for the body to naturally self heal.
- To help the person reduce or avoid thoughts, feeling or sensations one might divert their attention to & help them come back to the felt experience.
- To maintain a safe, space for anything to arise to help the breather to relax & let go more completely.
- Client has the right to stop at anytime & can request if they are ok to be touched or not during the session.
- Everything that happens in a conscious breathwork session is held in confidence so all is safe to be felt & shared as one wishes.
During a session there is a change of vibrational energy. Negative or energetic constrictions become drawn towards the higher positive energy that comes with the breath work. This change in vibration improves the flow of energy, calms the mind, raises the emotional state & helps to release trauma. All without the need to analyze or fix anything. In this way, conscious breath work tends to help a person move more clearly with an inner wisdom that becomes more & more conscious over time.
Anne Cox E-RYT 500 - Conscious Breathwork as learned in Numa Somatics Level I training with Trevor Yelich - 2017
I will be completing all 4 levels
Sessions are $100 including gst for
1.25-2 hour sessions
Sessions offered in Cochrane & Calgary
Choose in your own home, my home studio or
YogaMcc 2028b 33 Ave SW
Contact ACYOGA directly for more details - click here